The Woman's Club of Asbury Park was founded to create an organized center of thought and action among women, for their intellectual and social advancement, and through united efforts to assist in civic and philanthropic work
Organized in 1900 as The Saturday Club and federated in 1901, we were reorganized as The Woman's Club of Asbury Park and incorporated in 1913.
We are a member of the New Jersey Federation of Women's Clubs (NJSFWEC) of the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC).
The Woman's Club of Asbury Park is a member of the New Jersey State Federation of Women's Clubs of the international General Federation of Women's Clubs. Through this extended affiliation, our club participates in domestic violence prevention, support of US military troops, conservation, literacy, scholarship, local charitable and child welfare initiatives. Biennially, our club supports a statewide special project. Currently, we are engaged in creating awareness of OPERATION CHILLOUT which is New Jersey’s oldest (and only) all-volunteer mobile outreach for homeless veterans, men and women, on mission since December 21, 2000. Its motto is “no borders-no boundaries.” Its mission is to respond to the crisis of homelessness with direct compassionate actions. More information can be obtained at operationchillout.org
As a club we underwrite scholarships for local high school girls and fund a candidate's participation in the NJSFWC Girls Career Institute, held annually at Douglass College. We support local police, fire and first aid squads, historical societies, libraries and other organizations, especially those geared toward improving the lives of women and girls.